Vacation Bible School
Gas up the all-terrain vehicle and head out on a wilderness adventure like no other. Get up close and personal with elephants and egrets, polar bears and penguins, cockatoos and crocodiles, and so much more! This summer kids will focus in on some amazing, real-life encounters with Jesus and discover the most amazing truth of all—Jesus Christ is the Messiah, the Son of God, and by believing we can have life in His name.
Join us for Vacation Bible School June 10th-14th from 9 AM to Noon!
Children 4 years old to completed 5th grade may register at kideventpro.lifeway.com/myChurch/?id=52106.
Rock Solid Kids
It is the vision of Rock Solid Kids to see children come to know, love, and serve Jesus Christ! We exist to love, serve and equip families and children. Rock Solid Kids exists to model Jesus Christ and to send families into the world as lifelong disciples of Jesus Christ with a passion to make more disciples of Jesus Christ.
FUPC Children's Vision and Values
- We exist to make known God’s love to the children in a nurturing and safe environment that communicates Christ’s unconditional love to all people. (Deut. 6:4-9, Matt. 18:3, I Tim. 4:12)
- We exist to support and encourage parents by equipping them with foundational tools to raise children that have a full and vibrant Faith in God. (Deuteronomy 4:9, Deuteronomy 6:7, Luke 18:16, Colossians 3:21)
- We exist to instill in the hearts of the families a burning passion to meet and reach the needs of the lost, hurting, and overlooked within our world. (Matt 11:28, Luke 15:3-7, Luke 19:10)
- We exist to provide a stable Biblical foundation and to establish Godly habits using the inspired Word of God through a nurturing environment that will lead each child to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. (Ps 27:1, 4, Matt. 22:34-40, John 6:44-47, II Timothy 3:16-17)
- We exist to fashion families into authentic community where “fun” is foundational, children are allowed to be children and adults are encouraged to be real with one another and Christ is the foundation or starting point of living in community. (Ps 45:6-8, Matt 5:37, John 15:5, Acts 4:36-37, I Cor. 12:24b-27, I Cor. 13:11, 2 Tim. 4:1-2, 5)
- Being foundational in the Truth
- By viewing parents as partners
- By displaying Godly character
- By providing a nurturing Framework
- By being Outreach sensitive
Gospel Project is our Sunday morning curriculum that is meant to immerse kids and preschoolers into the redemptive story of Christ from Genesis to Revelation. Our hope is that through this we will see a heart transformation within in each child, as they experience the Gospel.
9:00am Children’s Church
Explorers Preschool (2 1/2—5 yrs. old)
Preschoolers can enjoy a warm environment where they will be able to do church together. They will be introduced to that morning’s Bible lesson, sing songs, pray, have a snack, and fellowship together.
Pioneers (K-5th grade)
We encourage all children to participate in Big Church with their families. Families who would like to send their children to Pioneers may do so when they are dismissed during the service. Once they are in Pioneers they will be introduced to that morning’s Bible lesson, pray, and participate in fun activities relating to the Bible lesson.
10:15am Sunday Morning Classes
All children start out together singing fun songs to our LORD! Then they break up into classes for their age group with their awesome teachers!
- Explorers: 2 1/2-5 years old
- Trailblazers: Kindergarten, 1st Grade, and 2nd Grade
- Pathfinders: 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade
- Nursery: Childcare is provided both hours for children 0 to 2 1/2 years old.
It is the heartbeat of Awana, as well as, the heartbeat of the leadership at First United Presbyterian Church to see children come to know, love, and serve Jesus Christ.
Awana is an exciting program where children can come and run in the church during game time! Then we dig deep into God’s work during our large group time with amazing Bible teachers! We then have an awesome time during small group where we can discuss our Bible lesson on a deeper level and apply it to our lives!
Singing! Games! Fun! All while learning God’s Word! Join us August through April every Wednesday Night from 6-7:30 pm!
Cubbies: 3 to 5 years old
Sparks: Kindergarten, 1st Grade, and 2nd Grade
T&T: 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade
Come join the FUN!!!
New Nursery and Security Updates
We are so excited about all the new things happening in the children’s ministry in regards to our security project! The nursery has moved to the lower level children’s area and we have new check-in desks! Now all the kids and all of our ministry team can be in one location! Thank you for your prayers and understanding through this project! Just a reminder, unless you are a volunteer or a child we ask that during ministry times you do not walk through the basement.
If you love kids and want them to know, love, and serve our Savior Jesus Christ then you would be perfect to help in the Rock Solid Kids Ministry! We have a lot of opportunities for you to invest in the lives of children in many different types of areas (teaching, assisting teachers, games, welcoming students, worship, and much more!). If you are interested, please let Tori Burdick know!