Employment at FUPC
FIRST UNITED PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH of MOLINE, IL – is seeking a Director of Youth Ministry. This is a full-time position that will provide leadership for students in grades 7-12. The youth ministry is an important part in the life of FUPC, and it is currently run by a group of very dedicated and invested volunteers. Historically, the youth ministry has been focused on having strong biblical, Reformed teaching, discipleship, and missions. Primary abilities or skills desired include:
- A gift of teaching and communicating the gospel of Jesus Christ to young people in creative and relevant ways.
- A heart for the lost and the ability to share the gospel clearly and simply with those inside and outside of the church.
- A love for students and heart to disciple them in such a way that they grow in their love of God, His Word, and others.
- An ability to organize, delegate, communicate to, and support the volunteers in their various roles within the youth ministry.
- A desire to invest and equip the volunteers and youth, so that they can develop the skills to teach, evangelize, and disciple others.
FUPC is primarily looking for someone with excellent relational skills and who is proactive in building relationships with the youth and their parents. The goal of these relationships is a partnership with the parents in the spiritual nurturing of their children and for discipling the youth into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Candidates should have a strong relationship with Christ, a clear call to youth ministry, and a love of students. Accredited College or Seminary degree with an affirmation of conservative/reformed perspective is preferred. In lieu of a degree, at least four years of previous youth work experience or a combination of education and experience will be considered.
The person chosen will work closely with the volunteers in the youth ministry, other staff members at FUPC, and with the Session. They will need to be teachable, able to cooperate, and work as a part of a team.